iOS 15 is presently in the beta test version, so it has bugs and issues. If you are not able to use your favourite apps because of being a user of iOS 15. Moreover, facing other issues and incase you are planning to downgrade your device software from iOS 15 to iOS 14, then you are at the right place.
There is a pretty reliable way to go back from iOS 15 to iOS 14. This guide works with both iPhone and iPad OS. Before we start things you need to know.
Things you must know
- You can’t restore IOS 15 backup to IOS 14.
- If you don’t have IOS 15 backup data you will have to set it up as a new after, after the downgrade.
- If you have already installed watchOS 8 beta your apple watch paired with your iPhone running iOS 15, you will not able to use your smartwatch.
- Downgrading from IOS 15 requires you to wipe out all the existing data so, make sure to back up all of your data before the go-ahead.
How to downgrade from iOS 15 to iOS 14
1. Download IPSW
Firstly, you need to download IPSW restore image file on your computer by clicking this LINK. Just go through your desire device and select your model then download your file.
2. Turn Off “Find My iPhone”
Secondly, open iPhone Settings and tap your name at the top. Tap Find My → Find My iPhone → toggle off Find My iPhone. Enter the device passcode and tap Turn Off.
3. Connect Your iOS 15 iPhone to The Computer
Further, use a lightning cable to connect the iPhone to Mac or Windows PC. A Message may appear “Unlock iPhone to Use Accessories,” use Touch ID/Face ID/passcode to unlock the device.
4. Open Finder or iTunes
On Mac, open Finder. On Mac running MacOS or Windows PC, open iTunes.
5. Mac User Locates Your iPhone
Furthermore, in Finder’s left sidebar, you will see it under Locations. On iTunes, click the tiny iPhone icon. If asked, click “Trust” inside “Finder”. Then tap “Trust” on the iPhone and enter the passcode.
6. Put The Device In Recovery Mode
The steps varies according to iPhone models. Follow the below guide to go in recovery mode. Here is a brief.
- On iPhone 8 or later: In quick succession, press and release the Volume Up button, then Volume Down button, press and continue to hold the right Side button even after the Apple logo appears. Leave it once you see the recovery mode screen (a cable pointing towards the laptop).
- On iPhone 7 Series: Together, press and hold the Power button and Volume Down button. Leave them, once you see the recovery-mode screen.
- On iPhone 6s and earlier: Together, press and hold the Power button and Home button. Leave them when you are on the recovery mode screen.
7. Detecting A Device In Recovery Mode
Finder or iTunes will let you know that it has detected a device in Recovery Mode.
8. Restore iPhone Using The IPSW File.
On Mac (whether using Finder or iTunes), press and hold the Option key. On Windows PC, press and hold the Shift key. Now, select Restore iPhone.
9. Find IPSW File In New Window
A new window will open. Find the IPSW file you downloaded in step 1. Click to select it and then click Open.
10. Click Restore
You will see a popup asking for your confirmation. Read it and click Restore.
Note: On MacOS, after clicking Restore → Restore and Update, it automatically shows to download and install the latest iOS 14 version. It will download the file. You won’t have to use the IPWS file. That’s good. However, you may also click Cancel from the popup (or unplug and replug the iPhone). Then you will see a popup with an option to Restore. Now you may follow steps 8 and later.
11. Wait For The Process To Be Completed
Let the computer finish the job. It will take some time for the process to complete. You will see the status on your Mac or PC. iPhone screen will also show the Apple logo with a progress bar.
VOILÀ!! IT’S DONE!!
12. Restore Backup or Start as A New Device
Lastly, once the process is done. The iPhone or iPad will restart. You will see the setup screen on your phone running iOS 14 now you can set it up as a new if you don’t have backup or you can restore your backup
We hope that, this guide is helpful for you. In case if you have any questions just ask us we are here to help you